Forex Margin Call & Closeout Calculator
Get a rough estimate of the hypothetical exchange rate that would cause a margin closeout for a specific trade, and its corresponding loss. (This tool assumes there are no other open trades.) Find out about margin rules.
Margin Closeout Calculator
How to Use This Tool
- Select your primary account currency.
(This is the currency the tool will use in its calculations.)
- Choose the trade's currency pair.
(The exchange rates used in the calculation are shown based on your selection.)
- Choose the action (the type of trade, buy or sell).
- Select your margin ratio.
- Type your account balance.
- Type the number of units held in the trade.
- Use the Calculate button.
The bottom fields show the exchange rate that would trigger a margin call and its associated loss.
This is a Rough Estimate!
This tool is intended for rough estimates only, and cannot be used to predict margin calls with accuracy. For example,
- Rates used by this tool are delayed by five minutes.
- This calculator makes the assumption that no other trades are open in your trading account. If there are other open trades, the values returned by this calculator will not take the reduced margin into account.
- Rates used are the average between 'bid' and 'ask' prices for any given trade. This will affect the accuracy of the result.