Download Forex Account Registration Forms
To open your account much more quickly, please apply online.
This page provides PDFs for all the forms required to open a personal or corporate fxTrade account offline. You must download, print, and complete the applicable forms for your type of account, and then sign them and return them to OANDA by email, fax or mail (see below for instructions).
To save time, it is strongly recommended you open your fxTrade account using our online application process.
* All these forms are required
Download, complete, sign, and return all of these forms to open a corporate trading account. (See below for additional forms, and for fax and mailing instructions.)
Registration Documents Checklist (for Legal Entities)
Use this document as a checklist and cover page when sending in your registration documents.
* All these forms are required
Download, complete, sign, and return all of these forms to open a personal trading account. (See below for fax and mailing instructions.)
Registration Documents Checklist (for Individuals)
Use this document as a checklist and a cover page when sending in your registration documents.
Optional:To convert an fxTrade account into a joint account with a second party, click here for more information on Joint Accounts.
Optional:To give access to your account to a third party, click here for more information on Power of Attorney.
Please scroll down for more instructions!
IRS Forms, Related to Withholding Tax
* One of these forms is required for either a corporate or individual account.
U.S. Citizens or Corporations (W-9)
The W-9 form is required for:
- An individual who is a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien
- A partnership, corporation, company, or association created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States.
- See the instructions on the W-9 form itself for more details, including definitions.
Non-U.S. Citizens or Corporations (W-8BEN or W08IMY)
The United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires non-US persons or corporations to complete a W-8 form to certify their non-American status in order for them to claim tax treaty benefits. Without this form, OANDA would need to withhold US taxes for the interest it pays on your account balance.
- "W - 8BEN form" Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding. Download Substitute W-8BEN Form
- "W - 8IMY form" Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, or Certain U.S. Branches for United States Tax Withholding. Download
- For more information on which W-8 form suits your situation, download http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8.pdf
Exemption Certification Forms
* These forms are NOT required to open an OANDA fxTrade account.
If you reasonably believe that you qualify as an Eligible Contract Participant (ECP) or Eligible Commercial Entitiy (ECE), complete this form and send it to OANDA via fax or email:
ECP and ECE Exemption Certification
To confirm your exemption from registration as a Commodity Trading Advisor, complete this form and send it to OANDA via fax or email:
Commodity Trading Advisor - Certificate of Status
To confirm your exemption from registration as a Commodity Pool Operator, complete this form and send it to OANDA via fax or email:
Commodity Pool Operator - Certificate of Status
Send the Signed Documents to OANDA Corporation
By fax +1 212 208 4356 or 1 877 264 2220
Please write your account number or email address on the documents you're faxing, and set your copier or fax machine to a light setting. If we cannot read your fax, we will require you to fax your documents again.
Please note that mail will take us longer to receive and process, so you will need to wait longer to fund your account.
Return the original copies of the completed and signed forms to:
140 Broadway, 46th Floor,
New York, NY 10005