OANDA Forex Forum

A history of transparency

OANDA hosts one of the longest-standing forex forums on the web. Since June 2000, our forum has given forex traders a vehicle for sharing views, airing grievances, and learning from each other. Membership in the OANDA Forex Forum comes with searchable access to diverse topic threads dating back to the very first forex forum posts.

Join in on the discussion with fellow OANDA traders by signing in with your existing fxTrade or fxTrade Practice account. If you don’t already have a forex trading account with OANDA, you can begin by registering for one today.

#1 Nov. 6, 2008 17:41:00

HornedGod
Member #722

Limit orders not firing

I've been using FXGame today (FXDesktop version) and have several limit orders that have failed to execute, even when price has moved through the order level by a significant amount.

For example, I had a limit buy order on GBP/USD today at 1.5605. This price was hit at 16:21 EST but my limit order was not executed, even though price dropped all the way down to below 1.5570 by 16:23.

I have had similar issues with profit target orders not being executed on EUR/USD and EUR/JPY today.

It is my understanding that all limit orders are processed and executed on Oanda's servers.

Is there something up with the FXGame servers today?

Is it just an issue with my demo account or a batch of accounts?

Limit orders worked fine this morning, it just seems to have gone AWOL since some time after 14:00 EST today.

#2 Nov. 7, 2008 09:38:00

Alfonso Esparza
Administrator
Member #12684

Limit orders not firing

HornedGod,

I would urge you to fill out a feedback form http://fxtrade.oanda.com/support/feedback_form.shtml outlining the specifics of your orders so that they can analyze the issues you experienced on FXGame.

#3 Nov. 7, 2008 16:04:00

HornedGod
Member #722

Limit orders not firing

Feedback form submitted.

Things seem to be back to normal today with limit orders executing as expected.

I's still like to know what was causing the problem, just to make sure it was nothing on my end.

#4 Nov. 7, 2008 16:59:00

jarod
Member #15757

Limit orders not firing

Did you check the 'range' with Max/Min?

Jarod 'le dimwit trader' aka 'le snake spotter' aka 'le provocateur' aka 'sulphuric acid'.

#5 Nov. 17, 2008 10:06:00

Bohemian
Member #16309

Limit orders not firing

Same problem. Limit orders not firing. Even used the bounds, but to no avail.

Anybody else has this problem?

#6 Nov. 17, 2008 10:25:00

oops
Member #4097

Limit orders not firing

quote:
Originally posted by Bohemian:
Same problem. Limit orders not firing. Even used the bounds, but to no avail.

Anybody else has this problem?

I haven't placed any Limit Orders lately, but the FXGame captain (if any exists, lol) was asleep at the wheel last week as well - FXContest results weren't updated since the night between Thursday and Friday.
We'll see if Oanda has enough personnel to visit here and trigger the appropriate steps [Wink] .

They had talked last week about a "temporary fix" to another problem they had, concerning the trigger of Stop Losses - maybe they just shifted that problem to the Limit Orders, LOL? [Razz]

The difficulty in forex is NOT getting the money - the hard part is keeping it.

#7 Nov. 17, 2008 10:30:00

oops
Member #4097

Limit orders not firing

I just saw the other trouble with TPs not being respected ...

Oanda WAKE UP!
... or at least hire some professionals, please.

The difficulty in forex is NOT getting the money - the hard part is keeping it.

Board footer

Moderator control