OANDA Forex Forum

A history of transparency

OANDA hosts one of the longest-standing forex forums on the web. Since June 2000, our forum has given forex traders a vehicle for sharing views, airing grievances, and learning from each other. Membership in the OANDA Forex Forum comes with searchable access to diverse topic threads dating back to the very first forex forum posts.

Join in on the discussion with fellow OANDA traders by signing in with your existing fxTrade or fxTrade Practice account. If you don’t already have a forex trading account with OANDA, you can begin by registering for one today.


#1 March 8, 2011 10:23:00

ralis
Member
Member #14422
Registered: 2008-01-31
Posts: 40
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

Lately when I click on tools or any other category on the toolbar, I get this error message that says some components may be unsafe and to click the yes box. When I do that, most of the platform shuts down. Approximately 5 min. ago it did the same thing and would not allow me to close a trade. I had to log off and reboot the platform. This platform is a piece of junk.

Offline

#2 March 8, 2011 11:59:00

OANDA_Sabrina
Administrator
Member #19440
From: Toronto
Registered: 2010-09-14
Posts: 1107
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

Hi ralis,

I apologize for problems that you are experiencing with fxTrade.

The Java Security warnings are a known issue that we are working on resolving. I would like to give you some information about them.

Firstly, they are related to upgrading to a Java version beyond Java 6 Update 18. The newer versions inform the user if they believe program is 'potentially unsafe.' OANDA's fxTrade is safe to use.

These warnings only appear in the fxDesktop version, you may want to consider using the web application or you can turn off these warnings in your Java control panel.

Steps on how to disable these warnings in any Java version can be found here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_mixedcode.xml

I hope you are able to resolve this issue with this information, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Sabrina

Offline

#3 March 8, 2011 21:44:00

voon
Junior Member
Member #18066
Registered: 2009-10-25
Posts: 13
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

Hi Sabrina,
I have same problem here, I'm using Java 6 update 22. This morning Oanda reply my mial, asking me to upgrade to latest Java which is Java 6 update 24, after i updated it, problem still can't solve.

Everytime it happen I have to log off and reboot .... [Frown]

My question : which is the best version to run Oanda platform ?

TQ


~~~ Happy Trading ~~~

Offline

#4 March 9, 2011 11:05:00

OANDA_Sabrina
Administrator
Member #19440
From: Toronto
Registered: 2010-09-14
Posts: 1107
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

Hi voon,

It is usually best to have the latest version of Java. I would suggest that you disable the security warnings in you Java settings by following the instructions on this page:


http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_mixedcode.xml

I hope this helps.

Sabrina

Offline

#5 March 10, 2011 04:11:00

030985
Member
Member #17454
From: France
Registered: 2009-06-23
Posts: 492
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

quote:
Originally posted by Sabrina:
Hi voon,

It is usually best to have the latest version of Java. I would suggest that you disable the security warnings in you Java settings by following the instructions on this page:


http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_mixedcode.xml

I hope this helps.

Sabrina

Thank you for the link, because this issue is becoming worse and worse. [Big Grin]


"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction,check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Francisco d'Anconia

Offline

#6 March 13, 2011 23:29:00

Wysie
Junior Member
Member #27095
From: Singapore
Registered: 2011-03-13
Posts: 1
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

I would suggest that you put a link to "fixing" this error on http://fxtrade.oanda.com/trade-forex/fxtrade/desktop in the meantime. This has caused me to be unable to close a position today, thankfully I did not make any loss.

Offline

#7 March 14, 2011 11:19:00

030985
Member
Member #17454
From: France
Registered: 2009-06-23
Posts: 492
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

quote:
Originally posted by 030985:
quote:
Originally posted by Sabrina:
Hi voon,

It is usually best to have the latest version of Java. I would suggest that you disable the security warnings in you Java settings by following the instructions on this page:


http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_mixedcode.xml

I hope this helps.

Sabrina

Thank you for the link, because this issue is becoming worse and worse. [Big Grin]
Actually, it seems it does not really solve the problem. The message does not appear anymore but the Platform still freezes.
Or maybe it is a new problem ?
This is becoming a bit bothering as we can't know when the platform will freeze, and we have to restart the platform completly when we actually want to manage a trade or close it.


"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction,check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Francisco d'Anconia

Offline

#8 March 14, 2011 11:25:00

OANDA_Sabrina
Administrator
Member #19440
From: Toronto
Registered: 2010-09-14
Posts: 1107
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

Hi 030985,

I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with the fxTrade platform. We are currently investigating this issue.

If you could provide OANDA with some additional information it will likely expedite the resolution.

Are you using fxDesktop or the web version? As far as I know, this issue should only affect fxDesktop.

What operating system are you using?

What version of Java do you have?

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Sabrina

Offline

#9 March 14, 2011 13:51:00

030985
Member
Member #17454
From: France
Registered: 2009-06-23
Posts: 492
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

quote:
Originally posted by Sabrina:
Hi 030985,

I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with the fxTrade platform. We are currently investigating this issue.

If you could provide OANDA with some additional information it will likely expedite the resolution.

Are you using fxDesktop or the web version? As far as I know, this issue should only affect fxDesktop.

What operating system are you using?

What version of Java do you have?

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Sabrina

Thank you, I am using Windows 7 Familial Edition premium, the fxDesktop version, and my Java version is 1.6.0_22-b04.
I always forget to try with the website version. I will try.


"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction,check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Francisco d'Anconia

Offline

#10 March 15, 2011 16:17:00

dusktrader
Junior Member
Member #5707
Registered: 2005-04-29
Posts: 29
Reputation: +  0  -
Profile  

Java Security Error

I am tentatively reporting that this solution has worked for the issue reported. I use the latest Sun Java with Linux running FX Desktop:

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/community/fxmessage/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=005714

Offline

Board footer

Moderator control

Powered by DjangoBB

Loading nanoRep